Friday, June 15, 2012


Party Girl Cake

I made this Party Girl Cake for a 21st birthday with cake pops to match for a family members party.
She wanted something simple but with a bit of humour as she is a fun outgoing person who loves to party. 


I had a lot of fun making this cake as it was my first cake I decorated since having my daughter 3 months ago.
I think I did well after such a long brake. I thought I was going to loose my cake deco Mojo hahaha!


The cake was just a moist vanilla that I coloured with a purple swirl so it would also look great when a slice was cut.

I covered the cake in white rolled icing and as well as cover the cake base in a purple flower print rolled icing. 

Silver edible paint was used to print the name and age on the cake using a stamp. A stamp was also used to print the flowers on the base.
The party girl figure was made from marzipan and rolled icing. The drink spill was made from boiled coloured sugar I poured over ice and set to get the shape of a "drink spill" effect.

The main idea was to have a simple white gift box with a party girl laying across it to look like she had just had a big night out and was ready for bed still holding her drink.


I made the cake pops as a fun extra treat to go with the cake so they could be shared around at the party or taken home as a great hang over snack hahahaha!
It's the same vanilla cake coloured purple and coated in a white set chocolate.
The silver edible paint I used on the cake I also used to add a simple dot deco on them and the age.
I do admit they are not perfect looking but were made just for the fun of it and went down a treat.

To add creative flare to the presentation of the cake pops I put them in little gift boxes with purple feathers and tied ribbon around each pop adding a small charm as that extra bling. Very girly :)



It took me 2 days to complete the cake and cake pops and I enjoyed every second. Having 2 little boys running around a baby girl to keep an eye on meant I couldn't do as much detail as I would of liked but like they say "Keep It Simple" :)

Let Them Eat Cake!






No comments:

Post a Comment